Re: st: using svyset when one or more stratum has singlesampling unit

From   "Jesia Berry" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: using svyset when one or more stratum has singlesampling unit
Date   Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:56:24 +1030

This is answered on Stata's FAQs

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/stratum.html

Plus make sure you use the subpop option to specify the subset you are
analysing

http://www.cpc.unc.edu/services/computer/presentations/statatutorial/example33.html

Jesia

>>> "Leslie R Hinkson ([email protected])"
<[email protected]> 30/03/2007 6:55 am >>>
I've ben usng syset because I'm using complex survey data. In the past
it has worked well. However, I am limiting the analysis to a  specific
subset within the sample. As a result 3 of my 62 strata now have just
one sampling unit and when I try to run even a seemingly simple
regression the standard errors are missing because of this. Is there any
way to get around this?

Leslie