Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: time series plot with shaded bands

From   "MA V" <>
Subject   st: time series plot with shaded bands
Date   Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:13:56 +0000

Hi all--
I think my question must have an easy answer but after searching the archives I was unable to find a solution to my problem.
The following piece of code allows one to draw specific lines at given dates:

sysuse tsline2, clear
tsset day
tsline calories, tline(28nov2002 25dec2002)

I want to add a shaded band from 28nov2002 to 25dec2002 instead of two individual lines. How can I achieve that? And what if I want to add several shaded bands for different time periods?

Itís tax season, make sure to follow these few simple tips

* For searches and help try: