Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Logistic Interaction Effect

From   "Ismail Ait Saadi" <>
Subject   st: Logistic Interaction Effect
Date   Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:12:00 +0800

Dear Valued users,

This is my first posting and hope that someone will have answers to my questions.

I am using logistic model which consisits of 6 variables with 4 intercation terms:

the fist with 3 factors ( x1*x2*x3)
the second with 2 factors (x1*x2)
the third with 2 factors (x4*x5)
the fourth with 3 factors (x1*x2*x6)

So the model would be like this:

logit (p)= b1x1+b2x2+b3x3+b4x4+b5x5+b6x6 +b7( x1*x2*x3)+b8(x1*x2)+b9(x4*x5)+b10(x1*x2*x6)

I know that inteff command can be used only when there are two variables interacting with each other, but in my case I need to find interaction term and effect of three. furthermore there is more than one interaction in the model (4 interactions).

I am really desperate to find a solution to this problem. If there is anyone who can help please let me know ASAP.

this is part of my Phd work and I really need to get this done very soon because I must present my progress to the committee.

Thanking you in advance.