Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Question on Logit/Probit

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Question on Logit/Probit
Date   Mon, 26 Mar 2007 00:58:56 -0500

At 11:45 PM 3/25/2007, Jeremy Miles wrote:
I think you want to use a beta regression.  I don't know if it exists
(I've never tried to find it in Stata).  It's similar to the
logit/probit approach, in that it transforms the data, and then
estimates the parameters using ML.

There was a paper by Smithson in Psychological Methods on this
recently - the abstract is here:

Come to think of it, I believe Maarten Buis said something about this not too long ago. I assume he must sleep some time, so I'll post the link to his page:

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu

* For searches and help try: