From   "Maarten Buis" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: mylogit and myprobit
Date   Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:25:49 +0100

--- Patricia Vera Rojas wrote:
> I want to use mylogit and myprobit but i do not have them. While using "ssc
> install" I got the message that they are not at ssc.

I assume that you are reading ``maximum likelihood estimation with Stata''
by William Gould, Jeffrey Pitblado and Wiliam Sribney from the Stata press,
which discusses programs with these names. The programs -mylogit- and
-myprobit- are for illustration only (or as a starting point if you want to
create your own program that is similar to either the logit or the probit).
So if you want to estimate a logit or probit regression just use -logit- or
-probit-. Otherwise follow the instructions in the book, and type the code
into your favourite text editor, and save it as an .ado file. You can also
download them from here: . But
typing them is actually more instructive.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081