Re: st: Weights in survey design

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Weights in survey design
Date   Sun, 18 Mar 2007 22:27:57 -0400

population, the survey design and what were the primary and (possibly) second stage and later sampling units?
In a HH or telephone survey, ordinarily the PSU's would be some kind of geographic areas, and the sampling strata for PSU's cannot be sex, as your setup implies.

Other questions: were the weights post-stratified or raked in any way to reflect the population totals? How did you "reset" the weights?

Steven