From   "Steichen, Thomas J." <SteichT@rjrt.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Problem with local variable
Date   Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:29:07 -0400

It needs an operator:

 `=`x'-1'

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Jean Bouyer
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2007 2:25 PM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: Problem with local variable

Oops, sorry, the last mail had a wrong title...

Dear all,

In a loop, I use a local integer variable x that goes from 1 to k. In
some commands within the loop, I need using the value x-1. I succeed
in creating another local variable : local x1=`x'-1. But I wonder why
it didn't work when I used directly ``x'-1'. What is wrong in this
syntax ?

Thanks

Jean Bouyer

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message, including any
attachment(s), contains information that may be confidential,
protected by the attorney-client or other legal privileges, and/or
proprietary non-public information. If you are not an intended
recipient of this message or an authorized assistant to an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution,
or reproduction of this message and/or any of its attachments (if
any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be
unlawful.