Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: bounds(ml_search_bounds) anybody?

From   "Tom Boonen" <>
Subject   st: bounds(ml_search_bounds) anybody?
Date   Sat, 17 Mar 2007 18:10:29 -0400

I am trying to find an example or documentation for how the
bounds(ml_search_bounds) option for ml model is specified?

I could not find any example or details on how to actually use this
option in the documentation  (online, manuals, statalist, mle with
stata book), except:

"bounds(ml_search_bounds) specifies the search bounds.  The command ml
model issues is ml search ml_search_bounds, repeat(#).  Specifying
search bounds is optional."

I would like to know HOW this  ml_search_bounds are specified.
Apologies if I missed it there.

PS: I need to use bounds because ml search always starts its search at
the zero vector, which in my case is outside the parameter
constraints. I want to use bounds to only look for good starting
values in the parameter space.