Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: RE: Zero Trunctated and One inflated Poisson

From   "Maarten Buis" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Zero Trunctated and One inflated Poisson
Date   Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:22:45 +0100

--- Giorgio Ricchiuti wrote:
>  I have been modelling the number of affiliates that the firm i has in
> the country j. My data are zero-truncated but unfortunately are even
> one-inflated (75% of cases). I did not find any possibility to analyse
> this mix-model in STATA 9.0 (neither using for example zip or ztp). I
> worked out the maximum likelihood, and I changed the adofile of zip as
> follows:
> Of course I also changed gradient and hessian but, unfortunately, I am
> not a developer, hence I did some mistake.
> Does anyone help me, explaining either how to change the maximum
> likelihood correctly or developing the model directly in Stata?

Most user written ml commands use lf instead of d2 because lf is much
easier to program. You can use my ``zero inflated logit'' program I sent
to the statalist this morning as a template: .

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081