Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: sqreg and 2sls

From   Velma Herbert <>
Subject   st: sqreg and 2sls
Date   Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:57:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Stata Users,

I am interested in performing sqreg on a huge data on house price transactions and marketing duration.
My problem is that the model does not seem to converge. And I keep on
getting the note "convergence not achieved" and then the results are
printed......Can someone please tell me how reliable are these results
and what can I do to overcome this problem.

I am also interested in estimating selling price and liquidity (marketing duration) using simultaneous or two-stage models.
My next question than is whether quantile reg can be used in 2sls.
Any help or guidance will be highly appreciated.