st: IV with missing values on endogenous variable

From   sara borelli <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: IV with missing values on endogenous variable
Date   Fri, 16 Mar 2007 01:33:26 +0100 (CET)

Dear Statalist members

I have a couple of questions.
I have the following system of simultaneous equations:

Q= b1*Zq + b2*W +  e     i=1....N
[Q observed over whole sample]

W= a1*Zw + a2*Q + u      i=1...n < N
[W observed only for  sub-sample i=1...n<N and missing
for the rest of observations ]

I want to estimate eqn Q for the whole sample. If I
use standard IV the command gives me estimate only for
the subsample for which W is observed. I have been
told to estimate a reduced form of equation W, then
predict W for the whole sample and insert it in the
second stage in the eqn for Q.
Could anyone confirm this?

Second, how should I proceed if D is actually censored
and I want estimated it by tobit?

thank you in advance for any suggestion

Sara

L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail:
http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html