From   "Rodrigo A. Alfaro" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: programming non-linear squares in Stata
Date   Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:43:02 -0400

-nl log3- seems similar... type
help nl

----- Original Message ----- From: "Maritza" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:30 PM
Subject: st: programming non-linear squares in Stata

Dear Statalist members,
Somebody knows how to program a logistic distribution in Intercooled
Stata 8.2 for Non-Linear Squares?. Stata offers two logistic
functions but I need to apply this one: Y = 1/(1+exp(-b*X))
I've tried to use the -User-supplied function- in the Non-Linear
Statistics and every time I got an error message "varlist required"
which could be because I have more than one explanatory variable (I
tried with just one, same error message)or because I need an specific
indication that my data is longitudinal.
This is what I typed:

nl Y = 1/(1+exp(-b*X)) iitt avgtarif pdit tot lavrgdp lrdgpdif
ldistancia (the first one is the dependent variable)

I am not familiar with programming in Stata, I hope there is an
alternative. I check in the Stata archives with no luck for logistic
distribution programming.
I'd appreciate any help

* For searches and help try: