Re: st: Discrete-time survival analysis data setup

From   "Lucy @ Mac" <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Discrete-time survival analysis data setup
Date   Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:49:32 +1100

Hi,

I've been working on a set of data using survival analysis too. I hope this
suggestion helps.

To create entry and exit times, all I did was create new columns, renamed as
required for specific times. For my study, I needed to examine animals
leaving the herd in one month periods. So I created (entry31) (exit60) some
such columns. And when I stset, I put in stset xyz, id() failure(censorX)
entry(entry31) exit(exit60). It seems to work well.

Hope this helps.

Lucy