st: svyset problem

From   "Tiemann, Guido" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: svyset problem
Date   Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:20:32 +0100

Dear all!!

I encountered a problem with svyset and I just want to find out if it is reproducible or just a problem on my machine. The problem is that even the most basic svyset does not work on my installation (Stata 9SE as of 07 Mar 2007). See, for instance:

---
. webuse nmihs

. svyset _n
invalid survey characteristic
r(198);

. which svyset
C:\Program Files\Stata9\ado\updates\s\svyset.ado
*! version 3.0.7  20sep2006
---

However, after renaming or deleting the updated svyset.ado (above) the 'old' command from the base ado folder works just fine:

---
. webuse nmihs

. svyset _n

      pweight: <none>
          VCE: linearized
     Strata 1: <one>
         SU 1: <observations>
        FPC 1: <zero>

. which svyset
C:\Program Files\Stata9\ado\base\s\svyset.ado
*! version 3.0.5  26aug2005
---

Does anyone have a similar problem or know the reason for this? Replacing the updated svyset.ado with a newly downloaded version also did not work for me. Did I miss any updates to the syntax or so?

Best regards,
Guido

Dr. Guido Tiemann
Max-Planck-Institut f�r Gesellschaftsforschung
Paulstra�e 3
50676 K�ln

Tel. +49-221-2767-222
Fax. +49-221-2767-555