Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: monthly means & CI

From   Clive Nicholas <>
Subject   Re: st: monthly means & CI
Date   Wed, 14 Mar 2007 03:40:37 +0000 (GMT)

Gaby Serdun replied:

Thanks, yes collapse is an option but I want to
calculate means and CI for each month not for the
whole period if I use collapse then I can not use ci.
Or this  is also possible?

Then use -collapse (mean) male female ...- instead and see if that does you.

Anyway, if most of your data contains only 3 or 4 monthly observations on
average, I do wonder if calculating CIs for your monthly means is terribly
meaningful. If you think it is, plod on.

Clive Nicholas

All New Yahoo! Mail  Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.