Re: st: how does regress picks which vars to drop if N<X?

From   "Tom Boonen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how does regress picks which vars to drop if N<X?
Date   Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:03:32 -0400

Thanks Austin Nichols,

I understand why the vars are dropped and i am not complaining that
Stata does this. My question (and sorry for not making this clearer)
is how Stata decides which variables are dropped.

The problem is clear in the case of collinear Xs (one the colinear
ones must be dropped), but if there are more Xs than obs, it is
unclear to me how Stata determines which vars are dropped and which to
keep. Or is there a rationale to proceed?

Thanks. Tom