Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: saving a sample after a regression

From   "Austin Nichols" <>
Subject   Re: st: saving a sample after a regression
Date   Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:54:17 -0500

-help postest- and
[U] 20 Estimation and postestimation commands
and try e.g.

sysuse auto, clear
reg pr mpg
reg pr mpg rep78
g restrict=e(sample)
reg pr mpg if restrict==1
reg pr mpg rep78 if restrict==1

On 3/12/07, william.miles <> wrote:
I am running regressions with several variables, and not all observations have
data on all variables.  I run a regression of Y on X, and use say 1,000
observations.  Then I run a regression of Y on X and Z, and because not all
observations have Z, I only get a sample of 800 observations.  Is there any
way to save the sample from the latter regression, so I can then run the
original regression of Y on only X, but using only the 800 observations that
include Z, without having to go throught the data by hand?