Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Mac-specific: translator(smcl2pdf)

From   Daniel Becker <>
Subject   Re: st: Mac-specific: translator(smcl2pdf)
Date   Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:09:18 +0100

I am using quite often the translator(smcl2pdf). What is annoying is that you have "output settings" box popping up that asks you for confirmation that you really want a conversion of you log to pdf. Also you can tell stata what the header, name and project entry should be.
On a Mac there is no real need to translate logs, since Macs have pdf technology built in. Just issue a 'print' command and then use the 'pdf' button to save the file as a pdf.
yes, i know. The need to use the translator that I need to avoid as much interaction as possible as my project takes quite a while when I run the do file. It would be handy if the translation to pdf would be as automatic as possible. Maybe I can write an applescript that prints from stata to pdf.

Thanks for your answer

* For searches and help try: