Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Reliability (Spearman/Brown)

Subject   Re: st: Reliability (Spearman/Brown)
Date   Thu, 08 Mar 2007 12:27:55 +0100

Sorry for not having underscored it in my previous post. I hope from Conroys' mail that it is now clear that Spearman/Brown split-half reliability is NOT Spearman's correlation and is NOT calculated by Stata's command -spearman-.
If Stata commands which I suggested in my reply to your first post are not satisfactory, you may think to use SPSS, or to calculate it by yourself (formula found in SPSS' help) as k*r/[1+(k-1)*r] where k is the number of items and r is the (Pearson's) correlation between the sums of the items in each of the two groups in which you splitted them.