Re: st: Finding median when using svy

From   "Jesia Berry" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Finding median when using svy
Date   Thu, 08 Mar 2007 15:16:00 +1030

I am not an expert on this, but I'll have a go....have you tried
downloading the nhanes3.dta, and then using the  -table- syntax with
[pweight=wtpfhx6] that I previously posted?  If that works okay, then it
rules out there being a problem with your version of Stata and its
handling of pweights. It would then narrow it down to being something
specific about the household survey data or mis-specification of the
weighting variable. If so, what household survey data are you using, and
is there a technical report that accompanies it giving information on
what weighting should be applied?

>>> ucb_gal <[email protected]> 8/03/2007 1:59 pm >>>
hmmm... i get an error from stata saying that pweights don't work.  i
can run it with regular weights, st:

table var [weight=wtvar]

but then it assumes it's a frequency weight, not a probability weight.

when i try this with the downloaded command univar, st:

univar var [w=wtvar]

it assumes it's an analytic weight.

i can't seem to figure out how to use a probability weight!