Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: set seed and gsample

From   "=?UTF-8?B?5a6L5pe25q2M?=" <>
Subject   st: set seed and gsample
Date   Thu, 8 Mar 2007 06:58:12 +0800

Dear All,

I am trying to draw a PPS sample using the "gsample" command.  I want
to make sure I get the same sample each time I invoke the gsample
command by using the "set seed" command. However, even after I set the
random seed using "set seed" command, I still get different sample
each time. Has anybody encountered this problem? Thanks!