Re: st: Re: eliminate negative values and their positive counterpart

From   sara borelli <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: eliminate negative values and their positive counterpart
Date   Wed, 7 Mar 2007 02:35:23 +0100 (CET)

thank you very much for the help!
sara

--- Michael Blasnik <[email protected]> ha
scritto:

> I'm not sure if you require that the charges exactly
> offset each other or
> not, but if they do, then this should work:
>
> gen abscharge=abs(charge)
> bysort personid proc date abscharge (charge) : gen
> hasnegative=charge[1]<0
> bysort personid proc date abscharge : gen
> sumcharge=total(charge)
> drop if hasnegative & sumcharge==0
> drop hasnegative sumcharge
>
> You may want to browse at the dataset prior to
> issuing the drop command to
> see if it does what you want.
>
> Michael Blasnik

L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail:
http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html