Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: centralizing survey data

From   Clive Nicholas <crazeeclive@yahoo.co.uk>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: centralizing survey data
Date   Tue, 6 Mar 2007 02:44:25 +0000 (GMT)

Stephan Groschwitz wrote:

I have a data set with survey data, and I'd like to centralize a
couple variables.
Unfortunately the svy: command does not work with egen varmean=mean
(var). Is there any other way to pass the weighted means into a
constant for centralizing purposes?

[...]

Your wish to "centralize a couple variables" implies that you want to de-mean them. If so, Ben Jann's user-written -center- routine should help here. It's available from SSC via the -findit- command.

Clive Nicholas