Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Marginal effects for panel data neg binomial (xtnbreg)

From   Partha Deb <>
Subject   Re: st: Marginal effects for panel data neg binomial (xtnbreg)
Date   Mon, 05 Mar 2007 18:02:17 -0500

What you want following your -xtnbreg- command is

mfx, predict(nu0)

The predict option allows you to choose non default options (ie., objects other than xb)

Hope this helps.

Corey Phelps wrote:

I am trying to calculate marginal effects using the "mfx compute" command
for a xtnbreg model. Because mfx computes marginal effects from the
post-estimated linear predictions, the default dydx calculation returns the
regresssion betas as marginal effects. However, I am interested in the
marginal effect (exp^BX)Bj, evaluated at the sample means of the covariates.
How do I go about obtaining this?
Corey Phelps

* For searches and help try:
Partha Deb
Department of Economics
Hunter College
ph:  (212) 772-5435
fax: (212) 772-5398

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds.
	- Bob Marley