Re: st: treatreg (rho=1) and ivreg ( negative model SS)

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: treatreg (rho=1) and ivreg ( negative model SS)
Date   Fri, 02 Mar 2007 14:29:05 +0100

Did you have a look at the FAQ before posting?
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/2sls.html explains the reasons why you can have missing or negative R-squared with -ivreg- and -reg3-, and I think this may answer to (2).
I add that -condivreg- (SJ6-3: st0033_2; SJ5-2: st0033_1; SJ3-1: 0033) fits IV regression with potentially weak instruments and one endogenous variable (no robust options, however).
Sorry, I guess that (1) maybe somewhat related to the problem of rho outside the [-1, 1] interval in -heckman-, but I will leave the question open since I am a novice in these kinds of model. Maybe you can wait some days and then repost with an informative title like "problems with rho in treatreg, twostep" (remember the Statalist FAQ: A rewrite or even one repost of the original is tolerable, but more than one repost is not.)

Nicola