Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Kaplan-Meier curve does not reach tmax

From   "Tobias Klatte" <>
Subject   st: Kaplan-Meier curve does not reach tmax
Date   Fri, 02 Mar 2007 19:38:35 +0100

Dear Statalist users,

I’m new on the list.

I have the following problem: I want to plot patients’ survival from 0 to 5(sts graph). I have only 5 patients with follow-up of more than 5 years, so I want to restrict the Kaplan-Meier curve to 5 years.
When I use the tmax(5) function, the curve ends at approximately 4.5 years. This is the timepoint, when the last patient with follow-up of less than 5 years was censored.

Is there a way to plot the curve exactly to 5 years?
Otherwise, it appears that the follow-up ends at 4.5 years.

Thanks a lot.

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: