Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: impute vs. predict

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: impute vs. predict
Date   Thu, 01 Mar 2007 14:54:20 -0500

At 03:50 PM 3/1/2007, Caleb Southworth wrote:
What is the difference between -impute- and -reg- followed by
Impute fills in missing values, so after imputation the variable will be a combination of values actually observed and values that were imputed.

With reg and predict, all the values for yhat will be imputed.

If I'm right, I believe this would be apparent if you added t_aflcio_mem to your listing.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu

* For searches and help try: