Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: svy and mlogit with Stata9.2

From (Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP)
Subject   Re: st: svy and mlogit with Stata9.2
Date   Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:59:50 -0600

Horace Roman <> is having trouble using the -svy- prefix
in Stata 9.2:

> I have a big problem with survey commands
> I'm working on Stata9.2; I'm studying the likelihood to have an 3
> classes outcome (clPT) depending on several risk factors (momsmoke,
> momdrink, etc)
> I used the help survey where I found a list of commands used in the analysi=
> however, when I try to do them (clPt is my qualitative variable) I obtain
> . svy: proportion  clPT
> (running proportion on estimation sample)
> Mata run-time error
> r(3103);
> moreover, I need to do a multinomial regression model; when I'm doing
> like it is shown in the commands list I obtain
> svy: mlogit clPT momsmoke  momdrink, rrr
> (running mlogit on estimation sample)
> Mata run-time error
> r(3103);

It appears that the ado-files and Stata executable are out of sync.

Horace needs to verify that both the ado-files and the Stata executable are
up-to-date.  He can do this by typing the following in Stata,

	. update query

and then following the 'Recommendation' at the bottom of the reported results.

Don't forget to

	. update swap

after the Stata executable is downloaded (if the executable needed to be