st: RE: Stata formulas

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Stata formulas
Date   Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:32:12 -0000

Stata seem to have a policy of publishing the formulas in the hardcopy
manuals. These hardcopy manuals are mentioned in the online help, are
advertised at
http://www.stata.com/bookstore/documentation.html
and are probably a worthwhile investment if Ana does not have any at
present. I think they prefer not to have them on their website in .pdf
format because they make a lot of their money selling the hardcopy
manuals to serious users who want to read the formulas and other
important details. (StataCorp people can of course correct me if I am
wrong.)

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger