Re: st: Re: How to merge individual records to groups in a large dataset, w/o using collapse

From   Allon Crazy <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: How to merge individual records to groups in a large dataset, w/o using collapse
Date   Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:23:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your patience.

My Region6 has only one level, which is why I did not
answer directly. I was not sure what do you mean by
the levels of Region6. Region6 has only one level, but
many values (such as all the fips codes of counties).

--- Michael Blasnik <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I think you misunderstood me.  I didn't suggest
> doing one variable at a
> time, although that could be built into the loop too
> and may be a viable
> alternative overall.  What I suggested was to
> analyze  one category  of
> group6 at a time within a loop and only using only
> the variables in the
> dataset that you need summary stats for (assuming
> rhere may be other
> variables in that large dataset that aren't needed
> for this task) .  The
> entire process can be written into a do or ado file
> to automatically create
> the results dataset you want.  You didn't bother
> answering my questions
> about how many levels there are in region6 and
> whether the variables you
> need could fit in memory using the largest region6
> category, so I won't
> bother showing you the code to automate it :)
>
> Michael

It's here! Your new message!