st: RE: Importing Stata graphs to Word

From   "Richard Atkins" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Importing Stata graphs to Word
Date   Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:52:33 +0000

>However, when I try this recently, it doesn't work.
>The graph copies fine, but after I choose the Edit Picture option  the
lines
>and labels disappear.

Have you tried printing to see if they are really gone?
I have what sounds like a similar problem with Word 2002 SP3. When I
import EMF and then convert to MS Office Drawing, ungroup and edit,
various features of the graphs including lines seem to disappear. When I
go searching (usually by individually sending-to-back the bits I can see
like the graph background area) I discover the missing elements and can
reorder them to the top. However if I page-down and then page-up so the
graph goes off screen and then back on screen, the lines have
disappeared again.  No amount of reordering will get them to stay
permanently on top of the background and yet when I print the lines are
magically there and all is in order.

Richard Atkins
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

>>> "Steichen, Thomas J." <[email protected]> 21/02/2007 22:08 >>>
All that is left are the blue and white background objects. I've tried
all the work-arounds I can think of,
including copying to Word, copying to Powerpoint on other computers,
re-ordering the objects, copying graphs as enhanced metafiles,
and using different color schemes.

If anyone has any insight into my error, I would be extremely
grateful.

Sincerely,

Mick Cunningham
Queen's University-Belfast
Western Washington University

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message, including any
attachment(s), contains information that may be confidential,
protected by the attorney-client or other legal privileges, and/or
proprietary non-public information. If you are not an intended
recipient of this message or an authorized assistant to an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution,
or reproduction of this message and/or any of its attachments (if
any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be
unlawful.