st: ICD9 data

From   Fred Wolfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ICD9 data
Date   Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:37:27 -0600

Does anyone know how to modify the ICD9 database supplied with Stata. Stata appears to be a little out of date. We recently ran chceks on our hospital data and received errors for the codes below.But they are valid in the current ICD9 codebook. They are all decimal extensions of previously existing codes, i.e., what used to be 585 for chronic renal failure is now 585.1 through 585.6 for stage I, stage II, stage III, etc and 585.9 for CRF unspecified.

Or perhaps there is another way to handle this. Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

276.50
276.51
276.52
284.1
287.31
288.00
288.50
288.60
327.23
338.29
493.2
528.00
567.21
567.22
585.1
585.2
585.3
585.4
585.5
585.6
585.9
599.6
799.02
780.96
780.97
996.41
996.43
996.46

Procedure codes
00.40
00.45
00.66
00.70
00.71
00.74
00.80
55.33
68.49
68.69

Fred Wolfe
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases
Wichita, Kansas
Tel +1 316 263 2125

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/