Re: st: Fixing an -ml model- syntax problem

From   Glenn Hoetker <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Fixing an -ml model- syntax problem
Date   Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:53:27 -0600

Dear Clive,

Glad to read someone is using my code. It wasn't quite clear if the hitch you were hitting was in Allison's original code or in complogit. If it is the former, I don't see something right off the bat. If it is the latter, well, "Rats!" Actually, if it is the latter, we should probably take debugging off-line. Please email me directly and we can see what's up.

For those interested in such things, I commend to you the work of Richard Williams (http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/), particularly his oglm code for Stata and the affiliated working paper, "Using Heterogeneous Choice Models To Compare Logit and Probit Coefficients Across Groups," both discussed on his website. I have not yet had the chance to parse carefully all of Richard's results, but his work suggests that there may now be better ways to test for and address the issues raised by Allison than were available when I wrote complogit.

Best.

Glenn

Glenn Hoetker
Assistant Professor (Business, Law, Institute for Genomic Biology)
217-265-4081
[email protected]