Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: MIME-Version: 1.0

Subject   st: MIME-Version: 1.0
Date   Tue, 20 Feb 2007 08:56:17 -0500

Hi all,

I have a single variable that was erroneously split into several variables, and
I need to re-merge many variables into a single variable.

Within any single observation, just 1 of the variables to be merged has data in
it, and I need to get the data from all of the variables into a single

Short of lots of cutting and pasting, does anybody know exactly how to do this?

Apologies if this is a nav question; I'm a Stata novice.