st: Stata MP

From   Fred Wolfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata MP
Date   Tue, 20 Feb 2007 05:24:54 -0600

Stata documents the increase in processing speed for estimation commands, but only for a few non-estimation commands (generate, replace). Does Stata Corp have data on performance of functions, foreach, forvalues, merge, egens, etc. We reserve one computer for data management and interface between SQL and Stata, and were wondering how much increase in performance we would see for data management tasks. We are thinking of 64 bit Vista.

Thanks.

Fred Wolfe
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases
Wichita, Kansas
Tel +1 316 263 2125

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/