Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Increase in Observations

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Increase in Observations
Date   Sun, 18 Feb 2007 23:07:08 +0000 (GMT)

--- Renuka Metcalfe <> wrote:
> I then merged this file by sort serno with the main
> employer only file. But the observations always go up
> to about 4660 in my analysis. But the total
> observations are about 7700. But the employer only
> file as I said only had about 2200 observations.

It looks like something going wrong with the merge. After the merge
type -tab _merge- and  if there are many non-3s your problem is in the
merge. Most likely the variable serno doesn't match. For more info see:
-help merge-.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting address:

+31 20 5986715

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship.*