Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Increase in observations

From   Renuka Metcalfe <>
Subject   st: Increase in observations
Date   Sun, 18 Feb 2007 10:35:42 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Statalist

I want to bring "meanworkplacex1 by firm and
occupations" and meanworkplacex2 by firm and
occupations" from a matched employee and employer data
to the same employer only data (which only comprises
of about 2200). When I use the collapse command to
bring 2 variables the observations increase to about
4660. I do not think the observations should increase
to beyound about 2000. I would be grateful, if anyone
could let me know, how I could bring the observations
to less than 2200.

Many thanks in advance

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship.*