RE: st: Surface plots or heat maps

From   "Wallace, John" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Surface plots or heat maps
Date   Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:43:23 -0800

Thank you for this, Maurizio.  I wasn't thinking about editing the code
for -spmap- when I said, "adapting", I was thinking of it as you
describe: altering the format of the data to work with your tool.  I'm
reading the Stata article you wrote in 2004 to see how I can make the
data congruent with a map representation.

Thank you for making your .ado's available to the rest of the community.
Sincerely,
John Wallace

Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:24:35 +0100
From: Maurizio Pisati <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: st: Surface plots or heat maps

Dear John,
you don't need to adapt -tmap- (or its successor -spmap-) to get surface

plots: you just need to have the data in proper format and then draw
them
as if they represented a map. You can find some examples (not the data,
just the pictures) in
<http://www.tstat.it/novita/conferenze/SUG2005/Pisati.pdf>http://www.tst
at.it/novita/conferenze/SUG2005/Pisati.pdf.
Of course, having the data in proper format is another question.
Best,
Maurizio