st: Problem with open graph window

From   "Steichen, Thomas J." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Problem with open graph window
Date   Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:11:45 -0500

Statalisters,

Due to internal issues within my company, I have just recently migrated to Stata 9 (despite having purchased the upgrade shortly
after it was announced). My version is currently fully updated and syncronized with the ado files and is STATA/SE 9.2 on a
Windows/XP platform.

I want to report an inconsistent problem when trying to draw a graph in one "instance" of Stata when a graph window is already open
in another "instance."

The new graph window frame opens but is completely white with the hourglass blinking.  After a few seconds, my whole screen turns
white and remains so unless I click the mouse, which will momentarilly show parts of the screen then turn all white again.  If I can
find the X or the close command for the new graph window and click it, I can get my screen back and try again. If I do so without
closing the graph window in the other instance of Stata, I again experience the same problem. If I first close the graph window in
the other instance, the new graph works fine.

Unfortunately, I cannot produce this problem on demand but I have experienced it 4 or 5 times now, ususally when I have a fair
number of windows open.  Has anyone else experienced a similar problem, especially a reproducible-on-demand problem?

I would like to bring this to StataCorp's attention (and I know they will read this note) but I'd also like to be able to provide a
consistent example of it.

Tom

-----------------------------------
Thomas J. Steichen
[email protected]
-----------------------------------

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message, including any
attachment(s), contains information that may be confidential,
protected by the attorney-client or other legal privileges, and/or
proprietary non-public information. If you are not an intended
recipient of this message or an authorized assistant to an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution,
or reproduction of this message and/or any of its attachments (if
any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be
unlawful.