Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Hausman Taylor

Subject   Re: st: Hausman Taylor
Date   Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:20:15 +0100

Some ideas:
a) use -regress- with time and industry dummies to have both types of fixed effects
b) if -hausman- suggested the fixed effects, why not removing the industry dummies? Then you could create an industry identifier and cluster the standard errors on it
c) industry x dummy interactions let you evaluate how the industry effects change over time (I have seen something like this latter idea, but I can't recall where).