RE: st: RE: Saving global variables for future Stata sessions

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Saving global variables for future Stata sessions
Date   Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:51:37 -0000

You can automate almost anything. See for example

STB-19  os13  . .  Using awk and fgrep for selective extraction from log files
        5/94    pp.15--17; STB Reprints Vol 4, pp.78--80         (no commands)
        explanation of how to use awk to selectively extract comments
        from log files; explanation of how to use fgrep to selectively
        extract lines from log files

Since that was written, doing it in Stata has also become easier.
See a concurrent thread for regexp stuff.

Any decent text editor will select lines following a pattern. That
is a fair definition of a decent text editor.

Rachel