Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: combination of observations

From   "Nikolaos A. Patsopoulos" <>
Subject   st: combination of observations
Date   Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:57:27 +0200

Hi all,

I had posted a similar post a minth ago, but gor no reply so I might explain
better what I need:

for n observations list by combinations of k. if we set n=4 and k=2 for the
following dataset we should get:

Dataset: var1: [1] A [2] B [3] C [4] D

Actually insetad of list I want to run another program but the logic is the

Have tried to find sth like this but the comb() function only gives the number
of combinations. Some programs I found cpr (Cox) and byvar (Royston) do
combinations for a given set of number (max=5).

Is there a way I can do this in STATA (version 8.0)?

At least does anyone knows where I can one find the ado of comb()? I look into
my STATA and ado folders but it must have a different name.

Thanks in advance.