Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: problem with scalar in ml program

From   "Robert Duval" <>
Subject   Re: st: problem with scalar in ml program
Date   Fri, 9 Feb 2007 18:02:07 -0500

Thanks Martin for both suggestions!

Your first point solved the problem... I knew that it was going to be
a simple mistake, but I just couldn't see it and I was pulling the few
hairs that I have left...

many thanks,

On 2/9/07, Maarten buis <> wrote:
--- Robert Duval <> wrote:
> I have a ml program that fails to pass the ml check. Aparently the
> problem occurs when ml fails to recognize one of the args (athrho)
> passed to the ln function. However, I have another almost identical
> program that runs perfectly!?!

I have two comments:
1. in your -ml- statement you have not specified /ux1 and /ux2
2. It is safer to replace the line:
scalar `rho'=(exp(2*`athrho')-1)/(exp(2*`athrho')+1)
scalar `rho'=tanh(`athrho')

Less typing so less chance of a typo.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting address:

+31 20 5986715

Yahoo! Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing.