From   "Michael Blasnik" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: procedure on combination of variables
Date   Fri, 09 Feb 2007 08:54:47 -0500

Please try the built-in search and help options before posting. -findit all possible-

will point you to cp.ado (first hit in a long list)

Michael Blasnik

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Caro" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 8:47 AM
Subject: st: procedure on combination of variables

Dear all,

I'd like to perform a procedure on all the possible combinations of c
variables from my varlist. For example, if the procedure is pca, c=2 and
varlist=wealth books poss:

pca wealth books
pca wealth poss
pca books poss

The combination problem gets more complex with other cs and varlists. Is
there a command to do this in Stata?

Thanks in advance,