Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: problems (again) on updating ivreg2 - is it because of the SJ?

Subject   st: problems (again) on updating ivreg2 - is it because of the SJ?
Date   Thu, 08 Feb 2007 12:06:07 +0100

I have just (7 february, 9 pm, CET) updated Intercooled Stata 9.2 for windows using:

. adoupdate, update

This caused:

(note: adoupdate updates user-written files; type -update- to check for updates to official Stata)

Checking status of installed packages...

   [47] st0030_2 at
        installed package is up to date

However, when checking the results:

. which ivreg2, all

*! ivreg2 2.1.14  4Dec2005
*! authors cfb & mes
*! cloned from official ivreg version 5.0.9  19Dec2001
*! see end of file for version comments

Why??? Any relation between failing to update and being included on SJ (should I expect similar problems with other SJ packages)? It sounds like a severe limitation, unless SJ packages are presumed to be more "official" than others...

P.S. I know that I can have the latest version using -ssc-, but I posted this message because it sounds to be a more general problem.