From   "Zurab Sajaia" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: updated version of -lookfor_all- is available from SSC
Date   Mon, 5 Feb 2007 13:58:09 -0500

Thanks a lot Austin,

I've replaced the line with
if missing("`codebook'") local instr "in 1";
quietly capture use `"`file'"' `instr';

Data in memory is always preserved, now I'm thinking to add an option -nopreserve- to speed up the program further.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Austin Nichols" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 1:39 PM
Subject: Re: st: updated version of -lookfor_all- is available from SSC

I haven't downloaded or tried  -lookfor_all- but I had a look at the
code, and it seems to me that the line
 quietly capture use "`file'"
could be
 quietly capture use "`file'" in 1
since you only need the first observation to load labels and variable
names, if no call to -codebook- is called for, thus much reducing the
need for memory (you could add another -use- to load all data only
-if- `codebook' is specified).  You could also add an option to
-preserve- the data in memory.