st: -eststo- and -estget-: I can't perform tests after clearing memoryand reloading data

From   John Fulton <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: -eststo- and -estget-: I can't perform tests after clearing memoryand reloading data
Date   Mon, 05 Feb 2007 12:29:01 -0500

Hi Statalist. -eststo- and -estget- are not working the way I expected. I expected to be able to -eststo * using eststodata-, then -clear- (actually, stop running stata altogether until a later time, but this is the same thing, from the point of view of the saved data), then -estget using eststodata- using my stored data and the original data set to run tests.
But a simple post-estimation command (-test-) won't run.
This does work using -estsave-, so clearly I'm not getting something about -eststo- and -estget- syntax.

Here's the output:
. clear
. sysuse auto
. qui regress mpg weight
. estimates store model1
. eststo * using eststodata, id(make) replace
Saving estimates from regress, generating _ests_model1
file eststodata.dta saved
. . clear
. sysuse auto
. sort make