Re: st: wish for logit output

Subject   Re: st: wish for logit output
Date   Sun, 04 Feb 2007 12:43:28 -0500

At 11:51 AM 2/4/2007, Maarten buis wrote:
Teaching logistic regression and the recent discussion with Diego
Bassani made me remember a long standing wish for the output after
-logit- with the or option (which I might forget again at the "wishes
and grumbles" session at the German Stata Users' Group meeting on April
2nd): I would like to see the exp(_cons). This parameter represents the
odds of success versus failure for someone whose xs are all zero. This
helps me to assess the size of an effect. For instance, the odds ratio
may tell me that the odds of success is twice as large for women then
for men, but it makes a difference if the odds of success for men is .5
or .05.
I agree. SPSS provides this; and it gets around Maarten's labeling concern by labeling things as Exp(B). I suppose there are concerns about consistency both across routines and across versions of Stata. Perhaps some little option could be added for those who want to see the exponentiated constant.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]