Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Re: ado-file location in Macintosh OS X

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: ado-file location in Macintosh OS X
Date   Sat, 3 Feb 2007 07:40:18 -0500

Michael wonders where these directories might be. The answer is the same for Mac OS X and any Linux/Unix system.
Tilde is your home directory (where you are when you open Terminal). So for instance on my OS X machine,

keewaydin:~/ado baum$ pwd

My home dir is /Users/baum/, so the ado directory is there, with subdirectories personal and plus. Plus has subdirectories for each letter of the alphabet which will be created by -net install- or -ssc-.

So Michael should ensure that his plus directory from Windows is ~/ ado/plus, and Stata should be able to see the ados within.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics