Re: st: Controlling alignment of left axis in -graph combine-d graphs

From   "David Elliott" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Controlling alignment of left axis in -graph combine-d graphs
Date   Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:51:37 -0400

Thank you, Svend.  Incidently, I use your lean schemes for some of my
graphs.  For the time being I think I will stick to my workaround as I
am creating graphs for a non-technical audience and they need to look
as much like "business graphics" *shudder* as possible.

On a more philosophical note:  Should we not be able to specify a
width for the axis labels?  Or have the implicit width of format() be
used as the width for the axis labels?  I think this should be given
some consideration by Stata.  We can, for example, control legend
width with textwidth().  It would be possible to do the same thing
with a labelwidth() property, I should think. The only downside of a
label overflow would be having the label very close to or overprinting
the {x|y}title.

DCE